Community First Bank for loans, mortgages, savings and investments in Fairview Heights, Swansea, Belleville, O'Fallon, Shiloh and the Metro-East area
Identity Theft (Page 2) - Additional Resources
Community First Bank
4600 North Illinois Street • Fairview Heights, IL 62208
Corner of Route 159 & Frank Scott Parkway
Phone (618) 234-9500 Fax (618) 234-9585
- Identity theft complaints can be filed with the FTC which serves as the Federal clearinghouse for complaints by victims of identify theft. The FTC can provide assistance but does not have the authority to bring criminal cases. Contact information is provided on the previous page at the bottom of the side-bar on the right. Additionally, a complaint form is available at
- For a compromisied social security number:
Social Security Fraud Hot Line: (800) 269-0271
- In the event of mail fraud:
U.S. Postal Inspection Service (USPIS) -
A nearby USPIS district office can also be located by calling the local post office.
- If a driver's license is involved in the identity theft, the DMV of the state involved is contacted .
- Complaints about investment fraud can be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) using the online Complaint Center at
or by writing to the SEC at:
SEC Complaint Center
100 F Street NE
Washington, DC 20549-0213
You can also send a fax to 202-772-9295
- For lost or stolen passports that may be used fraudulently, contact:
United States Department of State (USDS) - http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
. Local field offices are also listed in the telephone directory.
- For phone fraud involving local service, contact the Public Utility Commission of the involved state.
- For phone fraud involving cellular phones and long distance, contact the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) - www.fcc.gov.
For information, forms, applications and current issues before the FCC
Phone: (888) CALL-FCC (888-225-5322)
TTY: (888) TELL-FCC (888-835-5322)
Mail: Federal Communications Commission
Consumer Information Bureau
445 12th Street, SW, Room 5A863
Washington, DC 20554
For complaints via the online complaint form: www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html;
for e-mail questions:
- For tax fraud contact the Internal Revenue Service at their website http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforcement/index.html
or by calling toll-free (800) 829-0433. Victims of identity theft who are having trouble filing their returns should call the IRS Taxpayer Advocates Office, toll-free: (877) 777-4778.
Identify Theft Resource Center
P.O. Box 26833
San Diego, CA 92196
Privacy Rights Clearinghouse
3100 – 5th Ave., Suite B
San Diego, CA 92103
Victims Assistance of America, Inc.
P. O. Box 33752
Washington, DC 20033
ID Theft Affidavit
Use this form to assist you in disputing inaccurate information that appears on your credit report as a result of fraud. The affidavit is available at
(requires Adobe Reader).
Major Check Verification Companies
Contacting these companies enables retailers who use their databases to not accept your checks:
- TeleCheck - 1-800-710-9898 or 927-0188
- Certegy, Inc. - 1-800-437-5120
- International Check Services - 1-800-631-9656
Call SCAN (1-800-262-7771) to find out if bad checks have been passed in your name.
Community First Bank provides banking services for Fairview Heights, Swansea, Belleville, O'Fallon, Shiloh and the Metro-East St. Louis area. Personal services include checking, CDs, savings & investments and loans. Business services include checking, CDs, loans and other business services. We also offer online banking. Other services include the CFB Debit/ATM Card, safe deposit boxes, telephone banking and credit card services. See our rates for interest bearing accounts.
Community First Bank will NEVER ask you to verify your account information online, nor will we request this information through email. Community First Bank will not ask you to supply any account information or personal information by phone or email. Any official requests for sensitive information will be written on bank letterhead. If you are in doubt regarding the validity of a request for information, please feel free to contact the bank directly for confirmation. If you think you are a victim of identity theft or if you are solicited for information, please contact the bank immediately at (618) 234-9500.